Almonte Legion-Branch 240
100 Bridge St, Almonte ON
Full-Time Help Wanted
This position is under the direct supervision of the Branch President for Management duties and of the Bar Chair for bar related duties
The Branch Manager/Chief Bar Steward is responsible for:
- The day-to-day operation of the Branch in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Branch Executive.
- The provision of bar services to the members and guests of the Branch and to group’s who have rented the hall.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities
The Branch Manager/Chief Bar Steward is responsible for the following:
- Supervising and training of Branch employees.
- Scheduling of paid and volunteer bar stewards to meet all bar requirements for functions and activities within the Branch.
- Supervising of volunteer bar stewards.
- Verifying all employee time sheets for submission to the Treasurer.
- Verifying Daily Reports, attaching cash register tape(s) and deposit slips and forwarding to the Treasurer
- Opening and closing the building.
- Maintaining a calendar of and coordinating all uses of Branch facilities.
- Preparing hall rental contracts and ensuring that the terms of the contract are respected.
- Reviewing the Bar and Event Log, Incident Log, Wastage Report and Hospitality Report and taking necessary follow-up action.
- Notifying the House and Property chair of any building maintenance or repairs required.
- Receiving and distribution of mail.
- Ordering, receiving, and verifying all supplies required for the functioning of the Branch.
- Maintaining records of all financial transactions of bar sales and event ticket sales.
- Receiving and depositing funds from special events.
- Putting in place control measures for the secure handling and storage of all cash belonging to the Branch.
- Making up of all cash floats.
- Ensuring that all disbursements from the Petty Cash float are in accordance with the policies in place.
- Making all bank deposits.
- Developing and maintaining an Incident Log as required by insurance coverage.
- Developing and maintaining a Bar and House Log wherein any bar shortages and all house maintenance needs are to be recorded.
- Working as a bar steward.
- Restocking the bar ready use fridge daily and the hall bar after each event.
- Taking inventory of bar stock in the hall bar after every event and recording any discrepancies.
- Taking inventory of all bar stock at a frequency directed by the Bar Chair and recording any discrepancy.
- Dealing with all company representatives who present themselves at the Branch or by telephone who offer goods or services of any kind.
- Acquiring and renewing before expiry all licenses and permits required for all activities and operations of the Branch.
- Maintaining a personnel file which contains all pertinent data of all employees.
- Maintaining a file of copies of Smart Serve or equivalent certificates for all paid and volunteer bar stewards.
- Distributing pay cheques and T4 slips.
- This is a salaried position with remuneration based on an assumed 35-hour work week at an agreed to salary.
- There may be times where the Branch Manager/Chief Bar Stewards presence is required on weekends but normally the work week will be Monday to Friday inclusive.
- The Branch will be closed on the following paid holidays:
- New Years Day
- Family Day
- Good Friday
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- Labour Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
Please drop off resume at the branch or e-mail to: email@example.com